The Mama Ninja Shop

Sunday, September 17, 2017

47 Things About Me on My Birthday


Well, today I am 47 years old!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining! I do have many regrets but each mistake or regret brought me to who I am today. And I kinda like who I am! 

So, who am I?

Well, in honor of my glorious birthday, I decided to tell you some things that you may or may not know about me. 47 things to be exact!

Let me introduce myself!


1. My name is Shannon Dewease and I live in South Mississippi, however, I was born in Louisiana. So, I suppose you could say I was born a Cajun and raised redneck!


2. I have 2 beautifully well mannered, quiet, and very mindful children. Just kidding, although they are beautiful, they are joyfully loud, highly creative, and hyper as all get out! Seriously, I don't need a daily workout. I just chase them all day.

3. I was raised by a single Mom, whom I love so very deeply. She struggled but managed to raise three kids without us even knowing that she was struggling. She was, also, strong enough to know when to ask for help. So, we all lived with my grandmother for most of my childhood. It is because of those two amazing women, that I can say without pause, I am proud of who I am.

4. As a very young girl, I played Little Rabbit Foo Foo in a play. If you don't know who Little Rabbit Foo Foo is, you have lived to sheltered a life. 


5. I was born in the hallway of the hospital. And while the Dr and nurses were attending to just me, my mom was freaking out thinking something was wrong. No, they told her, she is just too beautiful! 

6. I hate bugles. You know those stupid tornado looking chips. Yeah...Hate.

7. I love Halloween and decorate it up every year. I even married a man who was born on Halloween, although that is not the reason I married him!

8. Speaking of my husband, he is a twin.

9. I think a good sense of humor is very sexy. 

10. Being a smart ass constantly, is not.

11. I worked at the same place as my husband for over 10 years.

12. I, also, worked at the same place as my brother...twice!

13. I loved being a secretary.

14. I love being a stay at home Mom more.

15. I was extremely organized while working. At home, not so much.

16. I was a band geek.

17. Actually, the head band geek. Drum Major 2 years in high school and 2 years in college.

18. I was a marketing major with an emphasis in advertising.

19. But I never finished college.

20. I will at some point!


21. I love to cook. And eat.

22. My favorite meal time game is "what can I cook with this can of peas, rice, and a cake mix?"

23. I love the TV show Chopped on food network.

24. I no longer have cable. I have a big antenna on my roof.

25. My only internet is with my phone. My kids hate me for that.

26. I used to have an iPhone but hated it. And, yes, I even had a blackberry at one time (yikes!)

27. I love my Android!


28. I currently own around 20 cats. Strays, pets, and some very promiscuous females who get pregnant before we can get them fixed! Anyone want a kitten?

29. I secretly want to be a photographer.

30. I don't own a camera.

31. My brother is almost 2 years ahead of me. Growing up his friends became my friends. 

32. I had more guy friends than girl friends growing up. Still do.

33. My childhood friends are very dear to me and hold a special place in my heart.

34. I used to drink Coca Cola constantly. I guess you could say I was a Coke addict.

35. I love eating ice. I guess I went from being a Coke addict to an ice addict.


36. I have had someone who knew me at the age of 5 years old, then ran into them as an adult and they recognized my smile. This has happened twice!

37. But yet, I worked at one place part time for 3 years before some people learned my name.

38. I am part Indian. So is my husband.

39. I think my daughter is a genius. Seriously, she is way smarter than me or my husband or anyone I know.


40. I love playing the piano.

41. I can head bang to rock, line dance to country, sing along with 80s, or chill out with classical. I just love music.

42. Phantom of the Opera is perfection.

43. My daughter and I wear the same size shoes.

44. I take advantage of this by telling my husband, she needs a new pair of boots!

45. I love my life. It is chaotic, crazy busy, loud, time consuming, and exhausting. I have no money, little time to myself, and too many cats. But I still love it.

46. I hope I instill that love of just living to my kids.

47. I am 47. No regrets, no complaints. I am who I am. And I love being me.


Read more about my chaos and why it is so blessed on my Welcome post!

And don't forget to subscribe!
Or join my chaos on your favorite social media!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About



Hi, there! My name is Shannon Dewease and I'm so happy you found my blog. I am from beautiful South Mississippi and live here with my family. My life can get a little chaotic, comical, and down right complicated, as you will find out. I can't wait to begin sharing my misadventures with you!

Social Media Channels...Follow Me!